The Society’s Match Play Championship runs throughout each calendar year. Rules for the 2023 event and the current standings in this year’s event are shown below. The final results of previous years can be accessed by clicking the icons at the bottom of the page.
Rules for 2023 Match Play Event
Arrangement of Matches:
- For first round, person listed first on draw sheet to offer 3 dates to opponent for play prior to March 31, 2023. The dates should be spread out to give reasonable choice to the opponent. If none of these dates are acceptable, for the first round only the Match Secretary with another committee member will do a coin flip to determine who proceeds to the next round.
- Matches can be played at any 18-hole golf course and are encouraged to be played at regular LSW events.
- For Subsequent rounds the person listed first will be responsible to offer 3 dates to play the round by the deadline set (to be shown in the draw). Generally, there will be 2 months to complete each round. The dates should be spread out to give reasonable choice to the opponent. If none of these dates are acceptable the opponent must for forfeit. Match Secretary will adjudicate any disagreements.
- Any green fees, cart fees etc … for the matches are to be paid by the members.
- All matches played with full GHIN handicap difference on the day of the match
- If playing match at LSW event tees for the event will be used. If playing elsewhere then if tees to be played cannot be agreed, to be determined by coin toss
- Matches cannot end in a draw. Prior to match participants to decide how to decide the winner in the event of a draw –
- Extra holes if this is possible
- Last person to win a hole